Chicken Fajita Tostadas
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 package CHEF’S CRAFT® Flame Grilled Chicken Breast Fillets, cooked according to package directions and sliced
- 8 corn tortillas
- 2 tablespoons (plus more for frying tortillas) vegetable oil
- 1 red bell pepper, halved and sliced
- 1 red onion, halved and sliced
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans, heated according to package directions
- 3 small plum tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 medium red onion, finely diced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1 lime, juiced
- Cilantro, finely chopped
- Kosher salt
Combine tomatoes, jalapeño, and onion in a small mixing bowl. Add the juice of 1/2 the lime (to encourage it to release its juices, roll your lime back and forth under the heel of your hand on the countertop using medium pressure for a few seconds).
Finely chop a good handful of cilantro leaves and stir into the pico de gallo. Season with a pinch of Kosher salt. Taste and add the juice of the other 1/2 of lime if needed. Let sit for at least 10 minutes but up to a couple hours to allow flavors to meld.
In a small, deep skillet, heat ¼” of vegetable oil over medium-high heat (you’ll know oil is ready if the tortilla starts sizzling as soon as it hits the pan). Fry one tortilla at a time until it is lightly golden on both sides, about 1-2 minutes. Drain on paper towels and sprinkle with salt.
Meanwhile, in another small skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil over medium heat. Cook peppers and onions, seasoning with salt and stirring occasionally, until just cooked through, about 5-7 minutes.
Top tostada shells with refried beans, sliced chicken, sauteed peppers and onions, guacamole, and pico de gallo. Sprinkle with queso fresco and cilantro and serve.