Quick and Easy Chicken Ramen
Makes 2 servings.
- 1 package CHEF’S CRAFT® Grilled Chicken Breast Chunks, cooked according to package directions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic, grated with a microzester
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 4 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup dried shitake mushrooms
- 2 packages instant ramen, flavor packets discarded (noodles only), cooked according to package directions
- 2 soft boiled eggs, halved
- 1 bunch scallions, finely sliced
- 1 bunch bok choy or spinach, sauteed
Preheat oven and heat chicken breast chunks according to package directions.
Heat oil over medium heat.
Add garlic and ginger and cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
Add broth, water, soy sauce, and mushrooms. Bring to a boil then lower heat to maintain a simmer, cooking for 20 minutes.
For perfect soft boiled eggs, bring a large pot of water to a boil (enough water to cover the eggs by 2 inches).
Once boiling, gently lower eggs into water and reduce heat to maintain a gentle boil. Cook for exactly 6 ½ minutes.
Remove eggs from water and place in an ice bath to stop cooking. Once cool, carefully peel eggs.
Remove mushrooms from broth (or keep them in if you prefer).
Ladle broth into bowls and top with cooked chicken, cooked ramen noodles, halved soft boiled egg, cooked bok choy/spinach, and a sprinkle of scallions.